Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Baby Girl!

Dear KeiKei,

Yesterday you turned three (Chinese Lunar). We celebrated by taking you to lunch at Sushi King, when we got your Hello Kitty Cupcakes you screamed “My Birthday Cake! My Birthday Cake!” and gave me a big smile and huge hug with the look of pure happiness on your face the way only you can. When you wrap your little arms around my neck and squeeze until you cut off my air supply, I am the happiest I have ever been.

It’s true that the transition from babyhood to toddler-hood is slow and gradual but yesterday you blossomed into a full grown 3 year old right before my very eyes. I can carry on a conversation with you like we are the oldest of friends. And really you are my best friend and I feel so blessed to be able to spend as much time with you as I do. I love being your “person” who knows every little thing about you.

I am so grateful to be able to spend every day with you but I realize the time is coming that you will need to break away from me and venture out into the world. You will go to preschool soon where you will play with little boys and girls your age and learn from your teachers who will teach you wonderful things about the world. And I will always be here for you to come home to.

Happy Birthday, my little one.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 9:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment