Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Positive Reinforcement

As parents we always hear how important positive reinforcement is when disciplining your child. Instead of just punishing your toddler for whacking the dog, praise her when you catch her petting the puppy nicely. I’m sure you have all heard this over and over again.

Well, recently, I’ve discovered that this works for me as well. I tend to beat myself up over every mistake I make as a parent and think “Alright now I’ve gone and screwed her up for good.”

Last week I started trying this positive reinforcement thing out on myself. I have been ending every day with thinking of three things I did RIGHT that day concerning KeiKei. It has seriously made a huge difference in my interactions with her. Not only do I feel better about myself and my ability to raise a little human being but throughout the day I think about how I am going to have to answer to myself and I make better choices because of it.

Positive reinforcement has made me a better mom.

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 6:10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment