Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Potty Time

After a week of potty training we are making some progress. Yesterday I started to notice that she is getting better about controlling when she pees. I know this because her panties are staying dry and when she sits on the toilet she will only let a little bit go and then stop. So I have to sit there with her and encourage her to stay on the toilet until she is completely done. Otherwise she tends to stand up right away after only going a tiny bit.

One other thing we did was buy her some pull ups for when she's taking her noon's nap. When I opened the package, she said “Diaper” but I immediately corrected her and said “No, these are not diapers they are panties with babies on them! We need to keep these dry just like our other panties.”

As long as I am seeing progress and as long as it stays a positive thing I will continue with what we have been doing. The way I see you can go about potty training two ways. You can wait until your child is completely ready to go independently on their own or you can take the initiative and help them learn how to do it. Of course if they cannot physically control themselves then it is not possible to train them and if you do not have the patience for it then it can be very damaging and prolong potty training for a long long time. Either way you choose they will eventually learn.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 2:32pm

No comments:

Post a Comment