Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A L♥ve Letter To My Little Angel, aged 3 years, 3 months + 22 days

Dear KeiKei,
I wanted to let you know about the special things you bring to my life, and the special memories I’ll take away from this time we’ve had together.

I love —
  • The way you scrunch up your face and grit your teeth together when you’re being ‘pretend mean’.
  • Your impish smile, especially when you’re doing something impish.
  • How when wisps of your hair blow in your face, you unthinkingly brush it away from your eyes with the back of your hands.
  • Your intensity when you find something interesting on the ground to squat and look at.
  • When your little hand slips into mine when you know we have to cross the street. I never, ever, ever want that to end.
  • When you say “Thank you, Mommi” in your clipped, polite voice, especially when you haven’t been reminded.
  • When you look at my mosquito bite “ow-ies” and carefully put band-aids on them with all the patience and concern of an OR nurse.
  • Unexpected hugs, and expected ones too.
  • How you sleep, arms and legs spread everywhere, no blankets, and your sweet little mouth just barely open; and then you 'shout' instructions to your daddy while in a dream.
  • How you say, “It’s OK, Mommi” if you think I’m upset.
  • Your nap-times when you ask to go to sleep and fall asleep right away (these are rare events indeed).
  • Your tousled head when you wake up.
  • How you laugh and tell me to “stop it” when I tickle you, then laughingly beg for more when I stop.
  • Your head lolling about when you fall asleep in the car.
  • Every time you say, “I love you, Mommi”, “I miss you, Mommi”.

Will all my love,
Mommi

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:03pm

No comments:

Post a Comment