Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Truth – I LOVE this age

A friend of mine chatting with me via MSN and while she was reminiscing over KeiKei’s baby pictures (FB), she asked me a very simple question “Do you miss having a baby around?” It seems like a simple question but I was dumbstruck. My mind told me that I was supposed to say “YES YES I want her to be a baby again!” but my heart said “NO…NO…I love this age!” And I do I really do. Whatever age it is that she is currently at, that is the age I love. Every day she is one day older and I tell you every day she is a different child. That is my FAVORITE thing about being a mom. Seeing her grow up day by day.

One day…when she is “too old” to sit on my lap with her 'blanky' and cuddle after her nap…then I might miss when she was a baby. But perhaps I will be so in love with her pre-teen self that I won’t want her to be any other age. (Before I had a daughter I would have told you that was impossible but now I’m not so sure.)
So my very long answer to a very simple question is “No, I do not miss KeiKei being a baby.”
This week my 2 year old mastered the art of singing, being completely independent in the bathroom, making up a story in a picture book. I ask you how can life get any better then that???

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 7:42pm

No comments:

Post a Comment